Self-Introduction Letter

Dear Mr Blackstone and peers, 

    I have been interested in engineering since I was 14 years old. Since then, I have worked hard and excelled in the relevant subjects such as mathematics and physics. My curiosity in the mechanisms and process of new inventions, especially regarding airplanes, led me to pursue aerospace engineering at Republic Polytechnic. However, in a turn of events during COVID-19, I started to reconsider being in the field of aerospace. Hence, I chose to re-direct my direction, and I am studying in a more generalised mechanical engineering course. 

     In terms of communication, my strength lies in my ability to improvise the way I present a content, depending on my audience. For instance, I would engage in a light-hearted manner of presenting if my audience were my peers, but I would engage in a more serious tone if my audience are of higher seniority than me. With that said, one of my weaknesses is my tendency to speak significantly faster during feelings of nervousness. This would result in me frequently pausing, to recollect my thoughts, which might hinder the flow of the presentation 

     One goal that I wish to obtain is to improve my oral communication skills. Specifically, I hope to deal with my nervousness by being more composed, and by ensuring that the presentation flows nicely at a smooth pace. The second goal is directed to my written communication skills, as I wish to be able to convey written content in a structured manner that is concise and easily understood by my readers.

      What sets me apart from other individuals is my driven mindset to overcome any difficulty, and to excel in my pursuits. This was seen in my efforts in losing weight despite being obese, and in obtaining a university spot despite retaining for a year.  


Sincerely, 

Yon Jun.

Comments

  1. Hi Yon Jun, thank you for posting your introductory letter, I enjoyed reading about your journey. Just like yourself, I came from an aerospace background in polytechnic and am pursuing mechanical engineering now. You seem to have a carefree attitude towards the world and I respect that about you. I admire your adaptability to situations. I hope to get to know you better through this module and I wish you all the best to achieve your goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Dear Soh,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I can see that we have some common interest. Hope to talk to you more in class.

      Best Regards,
      Yon Jun

      Delete
  2. Dear Yon Jun,

    Thank you for writing this letter, I did learn more about you and can related to the part where you decide to transition from an aerospace course to a more general engineer course to widen your prospects of your career in the future.

    I hope to get to know you better and I believe with your driven mindset will aid on your goal to achieve communicational mastery.

    Best,
    Quah Yew Thye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Quah,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. Hope to talk to you more in class.

      Best regards,
      Yon Jun.

      Delete
  3. Dear Yon Jun,

    Thank you for this clear, concise and informative letter. You cover the scope of the assignment well while detailing your educational background and how it connects to your interests as well as your move to mechanical enigneering at SIT. You also make clear your strength in communicating and a weakness. I'm interested in the comment about your losing weight and how that shows your perseverance. Good on you, Yon Jun. I'd also suggest that your language fluency is excellent and that, from what I see in class, you have potential leadershop skills that may be as yet unrealized.

    I look forward to seeing your skills development throughout the term.

    Best wishes,

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear professor,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my introductory letter. I am grateful for your time and effort in replying my letter and I would improve on my writing.

      Best Regards,
      Yon Jun

      Delete
  4. Dear Yon Jun,
    After reading your letter, it is heart-warming to see that we both like engineering due the Mathematics and Physics and our journey of education is almost the same. I think is good that you have achieved all the requirements of the assignment. I think your letter will be even better if you elaborate more on your strength and weakness. Finally I hope that I may get to know you better through this module and achieve these goals together.

    Best regards
    Qiyi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Zhang,

      Thank you for taking the time to read my letter. I see that we both like mathematics and physics and I hope to have more discussions with you in class.

      Best regards,
      Yon Jun

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Critical Reflection

Unit 1_Task 3: Paraphrasing